Mar 3, 2021
Dry needling is a form of acupuncture that was derived from the traditional Chinese medicine practice of acupuncture thousands of years ago. It is not the same as acupuncture, although there are some similarities. It is vital that you only use an experienced, qualified practitioner of this treatment.Dry needling uses the insertion of solid needles into the body with manipulation to improve health and treat illness, and is a popular method of treatment for muscular and joint pain. It differs from acupuncture in that it uses solid filiform or hollow-core hypodermic needles inserted into trigger points, and is specifically used for injury and severe muscular pain. Sometimes it also administers the injection of saline, local anaesthetic, or corticosteroid into the tissue.
At Dr. Aneja Physiotherapy Services, our experienced therapists can offer dry needling. This practice should only be performed by those who have been educated and qualified in the procedure, as it is invasive.
Benifits of Dry Needling:
There are numerous benefits to using the dry needling technique, but the biggest advantage is the ability to reach deep into the tissue. For this reason, it can be more effective than manual massage and relieve symptoms of pain quickly. Not only does it flush toxins out of the body and a short course is usually all that is required to bring you back to health. Sometimes dry needling is used in conjunction with physiotherapy to achieve optimum results.
- Dry needling is minimal in pain compared to other manual methods.
- A short course of treatment will usually be all you require to return to optimum health.
- It can be a more effective method than other manual treatments.
- Muscles feel comfortable post-treatment, and pain is greatly diminished if not removed.
- Muscle length is improved and use of mobility in muscles is generally better.
- It is an excellent treatment for helping patients to relax and sleep better.
We provide Dry Needling in Chandigarh,Mohali,Zirakpur and nearby areas.
- (no comments)